Title: Certified Special Education Teachers and Para-educators
Are you passionate about helping all students reach their potential? Are you interested in joining an organization dedicated to the success of its students? If so, we want to hear from you. The Delta School, an Approved Private School, located in northeast Philadelphia, is seeking Certified Special Education Teachers and Para-educators to join our multi-disciplinary team in a supportive environment. Delta’s individualized, comprehensive program is designed to meet students’ educational, social, and emotional needs. Our co-ed population ranges in age from five to twenty-one years.
- Pennsylvania certification in Special Education required for teachers.
Two-year associate degree required for Para-educators
- Applicants must possess all current PA state clearances (Police, Child Abuse and Fingerprinting)
- Knowledge of Special Education regulations and procedures
- Experience working with students exhibiting multiple disabilities, including: autism, ADD and ADHD, learning disabilities, emotional challenges, and developmental delays
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- Positive, student-centered, and compassionate individual
- Experience with diagnostic assessments
- Understanding of Progress Monitoring and data collection