The Delta School is committed to providing their students with a rigorous, relevant and comprehensive program for grades K-12. The school curriculum is aligned with the PA Core Standards and reflects the knowledge, information and skills that youth need to succeed in college and future careers.
The school staff is comprised of professionals from a variety of disciplines working as a cohesive team to ensure that the unique needs of each student are met. The staff consists of experienced special education teachers, paraeducators, 1:1 aides, and various service providers. Services include speech, mental health, occupational therapy, reading remediation/enrichment and nursing (see Services section).
Curriculum Resources /Program Components include, but are not limited to the following:
- Wonders Digital Reading Program K-6
- Glencoe Literacy Curriculum 7-12
- Pearson Math Curriculum
- Lucy Calkins - Reading and Writing Project - Handwriting without Tears K-5
- SRA Corrective Reading Program
- SRA Corrective Math Program
- Key Math - Diagnostic Tool
- Reading Center-Remedial/Enrichment Instruction
- School to Work Transition Program
- PBIS: Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- Social Thinking: A Social Skills Curriculum
- Character Education/Anti-Bullying Program
- Learning Strategies/Study and Organizational Skills Program
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) - Identifying and managing emotion problem solving, and relationship building.